Giving and Support During Lockdown
Can I just say a big thank you to those who continue to regularly fund the work of our church – even during the uncertain times of COVID-19. Considering that we have lost our halls income and our weekly collections in church, our finances are holding up reasonably well so far. If you have some time in these times of lockdown, there are some things you might want to consider:
- If you are able and have not already done so, this would be the ideal time to set up standing order payments to the church. It is very easy to do if you have online banking, but also simple to do through your local bank. Our bank account details are: Account name St Stephen’s Comely Bank Church; Sortcode 80-11-05; Account number 00294121. If you need any support with doing this, please either call Sarah or Alison on the numbers below, and they can talk you through the process.
- If you only have cash/cheques and are concerned about not being able to submit your donations during the pandemic, please do call either Alison or Sarah if you want someone to drop by and pick them up for you to be banked into the church account.
- If you already give to the church and are a taxpayer, but have not yet filled out a gift aid declaration, now would be a great time to do it! Not only could we claim the gift aid on your current donations, but we are also able to go back and claim tax back on all your donations for the last 4 years. If you would like a form, please drop an email to email@example.com or call Alison on the number below and she will arrange to have a form posted out to you.
- And if you haven’t had a chance this year to review your giving, this might be a good time to do that. There are a number of ways you can give to the church:
- To the general fund, which pays the costs of running our church building and for the monthly payments we make to the Central Church.
- To our Youthwork fund, to support our ministry to young people.
- To our CAP fund, to support the work of our debt centre.
- To our Vision 2020 building fund, to realise our vision of transforming our building to meet the needs of today’s church.
- And last but most definitely not least, please pray for our finances – that we would have all that we need to do what we are called to do, and that we be good stewards of what we have been blessed with.
Alison (07765 213 015) and Sarah (07793 559 034)