Cat R-W normally helps the Salvation Army with their Christmas toy appeal. They collect and distribute new toys, gifts and food parcels to people who would otherwise go without. This year she is extending the net encouraging us to get involved as much as we can.
The Salvation Army need our help in giving Christmas presents to vulnerable children. Every year they spread the message of God’s love at Christmas, giving gifts and cheer to families who would otherwise go without. Last year they distributed food hampers and toys to over 800 children in Gorgie alone.
SSCB will be acting as a donation centre and we are seeking gifts of new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children who might not otherwise receive a Christmas present.
Deadline for donations is Sunday 5th December. The gifts will then be wrapped and distributed to those in need.
Suggested Gift List
We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used items for the Christmas Present Appeal.
- 0-3 years: dolls, teddy bears, cot mobiles, baby clothes, bath toys, CDs of suitable music and nursery rhymes, puzzles.
- 3-5: dolls and action figures, cars, lorries, DVDs and CDs (music and nursery rhymes), colouring sets, pencils, crayons, books, puzzles
- 5-9: educational games & toys, stationery (colouring sets, pencils, crayons, school sets), CDs & family friendly DVDs, books, puzzles, wordsearch, crosswords.
- 9-12: games and toys, stationery, DVDs, books, t-shirts, hair accessories, gloves, scarves, hats.
- 13-16: books, make-up and toiletries (please try to ensure non-allergic ingredients if possible), gloves, scarves, hats, t-shirts, hair accessories and gift vouchers.
Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army. By giving a gift to their Christmas Present Appeal you can make a real difference in someone’s life at Christmas.
For more information please consult the Salvation Army’s dedicated website.
[from Cat R-W and GV]