Our church doors open for public worship at 11:00am on Sunday, 28 March! So, “enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name, for the LORD is good and his love endures for ever; his faithfulness continues through all generations!” (Psalm 100:4-5)
The Scottish Government is allowing people throughout Scotland to attend places of worship, with certain restrictions, from Friday 26 March. The Presbytery of Edinburgh has granted us permission to re-open the church, welcoming people for prayer and worship.
What will our church service be like?
- We have retained the safety measures we established after the first Lockdown and will continue to offer a warm welcome, operating amid certain restrictions.
- Worship services will be held in the church building and live streamed by Zoom, just as before. This will continue to be a feature of our church family life for some time to come; one congregation sharing in various ways according to our circumstances.
Who can attend church?
- All are welcome and we particularly encourage those who were unable to be part of a worshipping fellowship (online or otherwise) during Lockdown.
- If you are shielding, you should follow the Scottish Government’s instructions.
- If you display symptoms of covid-19 infection or you are self-isolating because you share a household with someone who has the symptoms or as a result of contact tracing, you should stay at home.
- The capacity of our building, observing the required physical distancing is 35.
- Sunday Club will gather, with its own maximum of 35, in the halls.
What can you expect at church?
- The presence of the Lord God Almighty! He promised to be with those who gather in His name. (But online does not cause difficulties!)
- A clean and safe space for worship.
- A helpful Welcoming Team to guide and advise you in the building.
- Registration of your name and phone number for Track and Trace purposes (data to be kept secure and destroyed after 21 days).
- Hand sanitisers, for use as you enter and exit the church.
- While in the building you must wear a face covering.
- Maintain physical distancing throughout the building.
- One way system (anti-clockwise) within the building with clear signage throughout, in support of the physical distancing.
- Designated seats at appropriate physical distance – you may not be able to sit in your usual place.
- Sadly singing is not permitted during worship (but dancing, if you fancy it, is welcome!). As before (and on Zoom), we can listen and reflect over recorded praises.
- Toilet facilities will be available.
- We are not permitted to have any social mingling or refreshments after the service in the church.
Please consider prayerfully your return to the church building. We would love you to be there and are looking forward to seeing you in person. As always, remember that both your own and the safety of others are important.
Also, please remember the clocks are going forward on Sunday 28 March, and we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper!
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
[from George Vidits, minister; and Timothy Pitt, Session Clerk]