Grace and Peace to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We have put together this Prayer Diary to encourage everyone at SSCB to pray each day for different aspects of life of the church and we hope that this helps guides your prayers.
If you need prayers, for yourself, or for someone you know and would like our Prayer Team to pray for you, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to write something down there are pens and paper and a prayer box available in Church for you to do this.
Thank You for Your Prayers and May the Lord Bless You and Keep and his Face Shine Upon You and Give You, His Peace.
Please pray for all the activities on this Lord’s Day
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless and anoint this special time; that people, young and old will be drawn closer to Jesus and for a great sense of fellowship.
- Pray for all those leading and participating that they may also be lead and anointed by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray particularly for the preacher as they lead the main service.
- Pray for the Youth Worker as he leads the young people at Inspire.
- Pray for Sunday Club team leading the Sunday Club.
- Pray for the fellowship we share around the Sunday Lunch that we hold on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
Please pray for those in leadership roles in the church, that they are refreshed, renewed for service
- Pray for the Kirk Session as they work and pray to lead SSCB and how we respond to the future while being the church of Christ.
- Pray for guidance on and the outworking of the Presbytery Plan for God’s Glory.
- Pray for all the Church Leadership, The Minister, The CMA Manager, The Youth Worker, Home Group Leaders. That all that they do may be to further God’s Kingdom and help people become better disciples for Jesus.
Please for our CMA Debt Advice Service, our wonderful praise band and our Badminton club
- Pray that we will be able to continue to meet the needs of those who find themselves in financial poverty at this really difficult time.
- Please pray for our Badminton Club that they will have fun and energy to play and draw others into the fellowship at SSCB.
- Please pray for our Praise band as they meet together for Fellowship and practice.
Pray for the pastoral care groups, for those who are ill or lonely and isolated
- Pray for our Pastoral Team who are making calls and visits to church members, and others to ensure that they are well and safe.
- Pray for anyone that is needing a visit or a friendly call.
- Pray for those you know that are ill and struggling with isolation and for those who care for them.
- Pray that they can find faith in Jesus.
- Pray that they might want to become part of the family at SSCB.
Pray for the youth and children’s work going on and around our Church
- Pray that our young folk will continue to grow via Rock Solid and that more will join in the fun.
- Pray for Kenny as he leads this vital ministry with our young folk who are the church of today and tomorrow, that they grow in the Lord.
- Pray for our Baby and Toddler Group, for their parents that they will enjoy their time at SSCB. Also please pray for the leaders as they provide this valuable service
Please pray for our local community
- Please pray for our community in Comely Bank and the surrounding area that in these times of concern, that they might turn to God for answers.
- Pray that we at SSCB might have the opportunity to share our faith in Jesus.
- Pray for the Churches in the area to work together in harmony.
- Please pray for our wonderful Lunch club that meets on the first Friday of the month, and that the team are able to continue to serve and provide fellowship.
Please pray for our society in general
- Please continue to uphold all those are putting themselves on the “Frontline” to support others at this time: NHS, Carers, Police, Teachers, shop workers, etc, especially those members of our church family and their own families at home.
- Please pray for our leaders in Society: UK Government, Scottish Government, NHS Management, Care Managers, MP’s and MSP’s, Local Councillors. Pray that they would be given strength to govern and lead wisely with compassion and fairness.