“Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart.” [Thomas Watson]
General Prayer Points – 24 February 2020
- Pray for a safe route out of lockdown. Pray for patience as the lockdown will be lifted in stages.
- Pray for God’s healing grace for those ill and in hospital.
- Pray for the bereaved and lonely.
- We wait expectantly for the beginning of the refurbishment work in the church. Continue to give thanks for all who contributed to our Vision 2020 fund and pray that God will provide the still needed funds to complete the work. Pray for that work may begin soon, and the contractor(s) will do a good job!
- Pray for the safety of our church building and halls during the lockdown period.
- Pray that we will listen with open hearts to God’s Word in worship, private Bible study, and in Home Groups. Pray that people will not be only hearers of the Word but doers too!
- Pray that we will continue faithfully journeying with Christ in this time of Lent.
- Give thanks for God’s calling new elders in Veronique, Jacqueline and Emma DS to serve on the Kirk Sesion. Pray for God’s anointing on them as they serve.
- Pray for wisdom, trust, and godly perception as we consider and plan the future of Youth Ministry at SSCB.
- Pray for the persecuted Christians and the suffering church in Kazakhstan. About the quarter of the population in Kazakhstan are Christians. But there is no freedom of worship in Kazakhstan! The government strictly controls religious expressions with increased surveillance, raids on church meetings and arrests. Christians from Muslim background are persecuted by state, family, friends, and community. They can be locked up by their families for long periods, beaten, and expelled from their communities. The persecution is more intense in rural areas. Many have to keep their faith secret. Pray that God will bless and strengthen our brothers and sisters who follow Christ despite the risks. Pray for God’s peace to fill them who live under constant pressure.