Services at 11:00am on Sundays – All Welcome!
St. Stephen’s Comely Bank is a relaxed and lively church, we don’t mind what you wear or when you stand up or sit down. We want you to feel very welcome here.
Services normally start at 11am and finish around 12:30. You will receive a printed Order of Sheet, also there is a large projector screen at the front, so you know what is happening and when. There is access for prams and wheelchairs, and a hearing loop.
Services normally include
• Hymns or songs of worship ranging from traditional to modern, accompanied by a full band with guitars and drums, or an organ. The words are projected onto a large screen and are easy to sing along to.
• Prayers are led from the front of the church at various points in the service. You are encouraged to engage in private prayer at any time.
• The Children’s Talk and song is towards the beginning of the service, after which children go into the halls for Sunday Club. Babies are welcome to stay throughout the service, but there is a crèche available too.
• Bible reading. St. Stephen’s uses the New International Version and there are copies in the pews for you to read.
• The Sermon is led by our minister George, or a visitor. They will talk about a Bible passage, helping to understand what God is telling us through this passage, and how to apply it to our lives today.
After the service there is tea, coffee, cake and an opportunity to chat to people. There is also an opportunity to speak and pray privately with a member of our prayer ministry team.
Once a month there is a soup lunch after the service with everyone welcome. Communion, the taking of bread and wine is celebrated on the last Sunday of every other month, namely January, March, May, July, Sept and November.
You don’t have to be a Christian to come along to SSCB, you are welcome just as you are.