We are opening the church doors for public worship at 11:00am on Sunday, 2nd August! Praise and thanks to God for this opportunity to continue worshipping not just through the internet but by physically gathering too, although fully respecting the required social distancing measures!
We have made the church as safe as possible and a huge thank you is due to all involved in that! While we will be worshipping in the church building, we continue with our online worship on Zoom as well. This continues to be part of our church family life in the future for a time. Still one congregation, just sharing in various ways to suit our circumstances.
What can you expect at church? We continue to offer a warm welcome to all, however the experience in the present restricted circumstances will not match the encounters of the past.
Who can attend church?
- In theory all are welcome. We particularly encourage those to come to church who were unable to be part of a worshipping fellowship (virtual or otherwise) during the lockdown. However there are certain necessary restrictions:
- Those who are shielding, should follow the Scottish Government’s instructions.
- If you display symptoms of covid-19 infection, or you are self-isolating because you share a household with someone who has the symptoms, or as a result of contact tracing, you are advised to stay at home.
- The capacity of our building, observing the required social distancing is only 35.
- All attending the service need to be registered as part of the contact tracing programme.
What can you expect at church?
- The presence of the Lord God Almighty! He promised to be with those who gather in His name!
- A welcoming, clean, and safe space for worship.
- Helpful welcoming team to guide and advise you in the building.
- Registering your name and phone number for Tracking and Tracing purposes (this data will be kept safe for 14 days, then it will be destroyed).
- Hand sanitisers both as you enter and exit the church.
- It is recommended that those coming into the building should wear a face covering.
- Social distancing throughout the building.
- One way system (anti-clockwise) within the building to avoid physical contact with others. Clear signage throughout the building.
- Designated seats at appropriate social distancing from each other. Therefore please be aware that you might not be able to sit at your usual seat!
- Sadly no singing is permitted during worship, but dancing if you fancy it is welcome. We will be able to listen and reflect over recorded praises.
- For safety reasons the church Bibles are removed, so please bring along your own Bible to follow the readings.
- The service in church is shared through the internet, by Zoom.
- Toilet facilities will be available.
- Sadly, no social mingling and sharing of refreshments after the service in the church is possible. However people can meet outside in safe distance if they wish to do so.
Please consider prayerfully your return to the church building. We would love you to be there and are looking forward to see you in person, but remember both your and the safety of others are important in these uncertain times. If you are happy to join us over the internet please do so, you will be as much part of the fellowship as if you were there in person.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate asking at firstname.lastname@example.org
[from George Vidits, minister]